Funny how plans change....kinda makes you stop and think about how we really are not the ones in control. Because see...if it was up to me I would still be starting orientation this Monday. I learned this morning that my recruiter put me on the orientation list to start this Monday not realizing that to be JCAHO (joint commission) compliant they need my "official" results from the state~~which is taking anywhere from 8 business days to 3 weeks. I can get "unofficial" results in 48 hours...but....
...I'll just sit tight, concentrate on passing this exam tomorrow, and enjoy an extra 2 weeks of time off. These 2 weeks will be even sweeter since I won't have to study anymore. A blessing in disguise!
We're hoping to receive an update of some sort about Max soon. We think and talk about him all the time....imagining him being here with us. It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to really love a child that you have never even met. So in the meantime we've been preparing for his arrival shuffling teens around. We painted the guest room for Angela. She's all moved in and loving the fact that she has her own bathroom! Mark liked Angela's room since it was bigger so we painted it a color fitting for a young man instead of a teenage girl. Then we decided to paint the kids bathroom. This is done now so we will paint Max's room next week and move the clothes and toys that we've bought for him so far into his room. I had to laugh when Lily looked at me and said, "I want to change the color of my room". Eric loves the New York Yankees~~so maybe a baseball theme for Max's room?? I like boats and the beach~~so maybe a nautical theme??
(Lily took this photo of us about a week ago)
3 comments:
will be praying for you my friend..You rock!
We here ya on this one. Can I hear an "Amen"?
Enjoy your time off, and we hope you get some word on Max soon.
Some things happen for a reason. You're meant to have this time off.
I found you because I saw I had a new follower on my site-you. I'm always happy when another nurse tags along on my journeys, and when my profession grows. Welcome to the fold.
Post a Comment