Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The countdown begins!!!

We found out yesterday that our official log in date with the CCAA for Max is February 13, 2009!!

I'm convinced that things always happen when Eric leaves to go out of town for work....sometimes good...sometimes bad.

Toward the end of last week Lily started to come down with an upper respiratory issue that progressively got worse over the weekend despite the recommended treatment. It's a virus and antibiotics don't treat a virus. I don't use over the counter children's cold medicines....they cause more problems and don't really work~~unless you just want to knock the child out. I want my children to feel better not just knock them out. So I use Benadryl and although it does make them tired, it helps relieve the symptoms: runny nose/post nasal drip, watery eyes, inflammation of mucous membranes. Ibuprofen helps with the low grade fever (not quite 101), reduces inflammation of mucous membranes, and is a pain reliever.

However, over the weekend Lily kept producing mucous like it was her job. I knew we had to see the doctor on Monday morning because this was going to turn into an ear infection. Lily hasn't had an ear infection since before she had the fistula in her palate repaired. These treatments usually work, but this time she ended up with a double ear infection so now she's taking an antibiotic. I'll be so happy when we can finally open the windows and get fresh air in the house!

On another note I finally received my "authorization to test" for the NCLEX exam. I'm scheduled for March 5th!! It's taken me 5 years to complete this degree. I called Children's Healthcare and they were right on it getting me on the orientation schedule~~I start work March 9th!!

Last Saturday night we went to this restaurant with this couple. Tiffany & Eric are awesome new friends, and we look forward to getting to know them better. We're pretty sure we'll be traveling together since our boys are both from Henan Province, China. Our dossiers were sent together from our agency, CCAI, and we have the same log in date.

P.S. Micah & Sheridan~~ here comes Max & Levi!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yippee!! We are so excited for you guys! Eric and I had a blast too and can't wait to do it again :) We will have to plan something soon. Max and Levi here we come! I can't wait for them to meet eachother.

Unknown said...

Thats awesome..Both of you are rocking couples!!! Glad you had fun

Donna said...

Only a few more months and you will have your boy at home where he belongs!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Heather: I'm so excited! Please go to China at the same time as us! I went to see Faith at S.R. today and since we were planning a Chinese baby dinner at our house, she suggested that I ask you too! Want to come to happenin' Lilburn on March 7 for dinner? Pizza and beer being served (well, mostly soda, but, there will be beer available). Let me know :) Ellen

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Hooray!! So happy for you!! Can't wait to join you. We are still paper chasing for our second one!!