Don't know how to put it other than...there just isn't enough time in the day. There has been SO much going on.....I don't even want to write about it. I will say though that I only have a few weeks or so left of classes before winter break. Scholarly papers: written & turned in, Clinical projects: finished & presented, 2 critical analysis exams: done & 2 more to go. Seems like I'm over the hump somewhat. I'm registered for Spring '08 classes--looking at a more rigid schedule than this Fall '07......UGH!
I did spend the day in the CVOR Thursday. I love the OR. This time the anesthesiologist went into much more depth explaining things from his end. I stood on a stool at the head of the patient with the anesthesiologist. 6 hours of not moving (rolling my ankles & pumping my calves now 'n then to keep the blood flow going--thankful that I ate breakfast)...as to not touch sterile field, multiple lines, etc...meanwhile only a foot or so away from the surgeon with all in plain view during a CABG. Open heart is so AWESOME. The team worked like a well oiled machine...it was as if they new what each other were thinking and needed. I can't wait to be a part of it. The hospital where I have clinicals is now offering externships for new grads---I'll be signing up......BUT, then I also love the EP lab (that's where I was last week). Cold fusion cardiac ablation... learned alot about pace mapping of the Triangle of Koch.
Well...here's a few pics of what you're really here to see....isn't this a beautiful pic of Lily & Michelle?
I did spend the day in the CVOR Thursday. I love the OR. This time the anesthesiologist went into much more depth explaining things from his end. I stood on a stool at the head of the patient with the anesthesiologist. 6 hours of not moving (rolling my ankles & pumping my calves now 'n then to keep the blood flow going--thankful that I ate breakfast)...as to not touch sterile field, multiple lines, etc...meanwhile only a foot or so away from the surgeon with all in plain view during a CABG. Open heart is so AWESOME. The team worked like a well oiled machine...it was as if they new what each other were thinking and needed. I can't wait to be a part of it. The hospital where I have clinicals is now offering externships for new grads---I'll be signing up......BUT, then I also love the EP lab (that's where I was last week). Cold fusion cardiac ablation... learned alot about pace mapping of the Triangle of Koch.
Well...here's a few pics of what you're really here to see....isn't this a beautiful pic of Lily & Michelle?

4 comments:
Can't wait to join in on the playdates! Sounds like you are a busy woman :)
The OR is amazing!!! It is a miracle that one day a chest can be open and the heart stopped and the next the patient is sitting in a chair eating lunch! I love it!!!
Christine
You have a very
nice blog!
Have a great
holiday season!
Beautiful girls!
Post a Comment