Sunday, December 16, 2007

3 semesters left!.....other "stuff", & PICS

...9 credit hours for spring '08, 10 for summer, then FINALLY 9 for fall. Then comes the NCLEX. This last semester was an adjustment for me...trying to coordinate time (and energy) with a toddler and studying is NOT easy. I'll graduate nearly 2 years later than first anticipated when I started this process, but honestly--we moved in the middle of it all and I had to transfer to another university and nursing program, and went through the international adoption process. We moved back to Atlanta in December 2005...we had teens to adjust to the move and Eric had a new job to settle in to......a new life for all indeed. NOW~I see the light at the end of the tunnel ((flashing)) "GRADUATION"!!






I'm savoring this winter break. I've been reading a book that isn't related to nursing (Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by: Jung Chang). I got the idea from Jen, a friend of mine that has recently had her own down time from work and thought it might be a good read.






We're almost done with our Christmas shopping!! YAHOO! I did a good bit of shopping online this year~it's just so much easier than fighting the metro ATL crowds and traffic. And, if you know what you're looking for there's not much to think about when so many companies are offering free shipping.






We've had several play dates recently~with Sheridan, Shelby, Michelle, and Morgan. It's great to spend time with some amazing moms, sharing our stories, feelings, and experiences.

Other news...let's see...Lily loves Mulan and Pocahontas. It's so cute~she'll brush her hair in the mirror and I'll ask her, "does Lily want to grow her hair long like Mulan and Pocahontas?". She'll nod as she says, "yes". So we're going to let her hair grow out.

Last week we received a package from China! We've been corresponding with 2 students from Jilin Normal University that visit Siping SWI to see the children. Lily holds a special place in their hearts. They embroidered pillows with 2 of the Beijing Olympic mascots for Lily's room and sent her some candy as well. I have pictures of Lily opening the box on my photo site. We sent them a package with a few special gifts for Christmas too.

A week ago we had wonderful, mild weather reaching highs of 75F. But old man winter has arrived...today's high being 42F. I don't mind...it feels like a "home-made pot of beef veggie soup" kinda day...curl up with a book, take a nap, watch a movie, wrap a few gifts with a glass a wine after Lily goes to bed....it's all good :)

Merry Christmas! And the New Year ahead is looking BRIGHT.

No comments: