I just can't describe how happy we feel! Lily is so precious! When she walked into the room my heart just dropped as I looked at her sweet face. She just stood there for a while looking at us. She didn't start to cry until the director left the room at one point--then the flood gates opened, oh boy! I walked up & down the hall with her softly humming and talking to her and she seemed soothed for a while. After we filled out some paperwork we went to have family pictures taken--she DEFINITELY didn't like that! Then we went directly to the Civil Affairs office and she REALLY didn't like it there. Eric was very tied up with paperwork and questions, but I could tell he really wanted to be holding Han Xue (we go from calling her Han Xue to Lily Han Xue). When we say Lily she says "Lily" back to us--it's SO CUTE. It's so funny how stoic she is! We'll call her name and you can tell she's ignoring you and won't look at you. She was sitting in my lap drinking apple juice at one point in the Civil Affairs office and wouldn't look up at me no matter how hard I tried to get her to--but she wouldn't let me put her down :) Then I'd look away and look back to find her looking at me--so she'd look away...she's so coy. She likes Eric so much and would let him feed her some at lunch. I asked her, "Where's Baba?", and she said "Baba" while patting him on his shoulder (so cute your heart would melt!!).
We had dim sum lunch with our guide, Jophy (she's awesome, by the way) and Lily ate like a champ! She loves fruit!!
We came back to the hotel room to unwind and see if we could get her to sleep. We put her between us on the bed and she whimpered a little, but fell asleep within minutes.
Here are a few videos you all have been waiting for...pictures too! We'll post more soon! LIFE IS GOOD!!...AND GOD IS GOOD!! We're on top of the world!
8 comments:
Now that is the picture I have been dying to see. May I share a phot of Miss Lily on my site? I am SO thrilled for you. She is stunningly beautiful!
Kim
Oh, that girl is too cute! You must be on top of the world! I ran to the computer this morning to see this and it was worth the overnight wait!
Love,
K
I'm in tears seeing you finally holding her!
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
Yeah God!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic
Awwww, congratulations!!! Lily is just beautiful, and your photos are amazing!
So happy for you!
Warmly,
Shana (waiting for sophie)
I am so happy for you. These pictures are wonderful. I love her little red outfit.
So happy for you! I hope you'll come to First Friday sometime this summer so we can meet her!
Post a Comment