
Lily: *out of the blue she looks up at me* "Mama, I'm going to be mad if you hold Max."
Me: *squatting down to look eye~to~eye with a smile* "I know sweetie. But, I want you to know that ALL of the love that I have for you is just for you, Lily. Max cannot have any of my love that I have for Lily. I do love Max, and my love for Max is just for Max."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily: *as I'm holding her walking down the steps* "I like dinosaurs. Like the dinosaurs in the doctor's office."
Me: *turning to look at Lily with a surprised look at this new topic of discussion* "You do? You really DO like dinosaurs?"
Lily: "Yes. What are the ones that fly with big wings again?"
Me: "Pterodactyl"
Lily: "Yes, yes. And some have long necks and some have small necks."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: *after several cues over a bit of time showing that we may have an ear infection brewing* "Lily, we're going to go see Dr. Ho so she can look in your ears and see if you need some medicine to make them feel better."

Lily: "Ok" *Looking a bit sad* "You're going to stay with me? I don't want you to leave me."
Me: "Oh no, sweetie. Mommy's going to be right there with you. The doctor will just look in your ear with a light like before....it won't hurt....just like it didn't hurt before."
Lily: "But what if you leave me at the doctor's like you left Chloe?"
Lily: "But what if you leave me at the doctor's like you left Chloe?"
*A couple of months ago we had to leave one of our cats, Chloe, at the Vet for tests because she wasn't feeling well. I explained to Lily that Chloe would only stay at the Vet for a little while then we would be able to bring her back home. Lily didn't say much more about it at the time.*
I then explained to Lily that I would NOT be leaving her with the pediatrician, that I would be with her the entire time, and that I would NOT be leaving without her.
I treasure all of my conversations with Lily.
5 comments:
this is amazing. thank you for sharing!
Love your response about your love for her and Max. Good answer!
What a sweetie she is!
ahhhh...so sweet! It's wonderful that she can verbalize those feelings to you!! And what a wonderful response!! My goodness I had 3 years of child psychology in grad school and I wouldn't even of been able to think of that one!!!!
I am so excited for you all!
In the minds of babes!! How sweet and enduring.
I can't wait to read how she expresses love for Max. She is so unaware as to how much she will love that little guy herself :o)
what a big girl! we just can't believe that this is the little one that we met in Siping 3 years ago!
Post a Comment