Sunday, November 30, 2008


Several weeks ago I started sending resumes out to local hospitals...there were two that I really hoped would give me a call...both did, but CHOA is the RN residency position I wanted the most :)...and the one I accepted. I love nursing and I love children. At home we have both ends of the spectrum...from 18 to 3...and all that entails.


As of today we have been waiting 73 days for our I800 approval. We've heard no word from them yet. I did call to find out status, but they said we were "next in line to be reviewed"...I left that conversation thinking maybe I had just heard the standard reply to a very frequently asked question. I'll be calling them back again soon :)


We had a great Thanksgiving--25lb turkey 'n all! We've all been fighting a virus that is going around. I feel like the vector since I was first and my immunity was probably compromised given the stress of exit testing, final projects & papers, clinical hours to be fulfilled....and then there's home & family stuff. I'm not alone in the trenches by any means~Eric tackles his half, and we both enjoy the craziness & chaos...the laughter & togetherness....like Eric says..it's a crazy life, but it's our life.

4 comments:

Susan and Dan said...

Hey Heather
Awesome news...hope you all enjoy the next several weeks with Christmas just around the corner and I'm sure lots of celebrations ...isn't life fun!!

ji said...

Yay!!! Graduation!! How exciting! I am so very happy for you!

I will pray that your adoption process will go smoothly...just remember that God has the most amazing little child picked out for you...and although we HATE to wait...God's timing is PERFECT!!

You will definitely have to meet us in HH this year...we hope to go for two weeks in August (oh my that seems sooo far away!!) We would have so much fun and I know the husbands would bond over their love of the Yankees! :)

Be sure to keep me updated on the adoption!!!
Wishing you a very happy Christmas time!!
Jeannine

Special K said...

You're going to do great with children. Congratulations on finishing up - it's been a long road.

Hope your 797c comes very soon!

Unknown said...

Im so excited for you to be a part of the CHOA team. We are still waiting on our renewed 797, we were fingerprinted in August