Friday, August 01, 2008

The I-800A is USCIS Bound

"Congratulations Eric & Heather!"

"Your Georgia/USCIS home assessment has been approved. It was mailed today, August 1, 2008 to the USCIS here in Atlanta via priority mail. Most families have waited 4-6weeks for their fingerprint invitations. We have had at least one family now who has received their approval. It took about three and a half months to get their approval."
The Hague Convention has really put snags in the homestudy process...although we hated waiting so long for things to be approved we are appreciative that our agency is taking the time and efforts to make sure that "all t's are crossed & i's dotted". With this adoption we seem to be right smack in the middle of changes~just like with Lily's adoption...see this post...when the then-new LOA first started making it's debut.
The summer semester is OVER....yahoo!!! 3.7.....thank you very much. But even the dog is mad at me (can't go on many walks if your nose is in a book :). It's taken all we have just to maintain the house, kids, work, pets, and school~no complaints..really. Next is my senior practicum and NCLEX baby! I've got my eyes set on the PCNP program!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo proud of you! Awesome news, we missed you tonight

Donna said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! One step closer to that new little one!! Very impressive semester you pulled out. I can't imagine all the hard work you are doing right now. Lily should be very proud of mommy :)

Angela and Jay said...

Sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy! Congrats!

ji said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome! You should be soo proud of yourself! I think of you and Lily often and hope you are doing well! I know you must of been so busy but I hope you can find a week or two to relax! We are headed down to Hilton Head for the last 2 weeks of August-can't wait!!! Of course not looking forward to the drive with a newborn but hopefully all goes well!
Congrats again-and I am so happy for you!
Jeannine