…it doesn’t matter if I’m walking a 10 lb. dog or a 161 lb. dog… Dogs guard their masters.....
Benjamin is a Saint Bernard. Yes~a dog the same breed as Beethoven…No~not the temperament of Cujo!
When I walk my 161 lb. dog he knows I’m his master…and he likes life when that’s known…and likes it to be known by all........ He’s fluffy. He’s slobbery….and, yes… a bit stinky. But ~ he’s a gentle giant to say the least. He’s a big “Puppy Bear”. Just ask our (8 lb) Chihuahua that rules HIS roost, or the cats that rub up against him & live with him, or the occasional toddler (Lily Bean) that sits on his back…

Benjamin is very docile...but don't have your German Sherpard running loose through the neighborhood while we're taking a walk (yes~he's on a leash, with a harness, and we pick up his poop---(which, surprisingly, isn't as much as you would think if you spring for the better dog food).......sorry if I digress.........a 161 lb. dog will take his place in the pack...defend his master & ESPECIALLY the babies....(hello...."LILY"....). He LOVES her. She can do ANYTHING to him. BUT....don't let the 18 year old (Mark) mess with her...he'll bite his butt....I kid you not!!
1 comment:
I love big puppy dogs! They're the best! We've got mastiff pups now, but have had a pyrenese and a Newfoundland in the past. They all think they're lap dogs!
Post a Comment