This photo brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it. I said to Eric, "They love the children". Each Ayi at Siping SWI is an angel from heaven. It must be very hard for them to let go of these beautiful children when they go on to meet their new families. I can only image how it feels to be so happy for the children, hopeful that they will be taken care of, and miss them so much. As you can see from the photo to the right the Ayi's love these babies. Their affection, love, acceptance, touch, attention, and care for the children shines through them~we've seen this light shine through Lily.

These two beautiful children are meeting their new families tomorrow. We hope and pray for a smooth transition for these families. We are so happy and excited for them as they embark on a wonderful new life.
Lily was 21 months old when she left Siping SWI. As parents we often wonder how much she remembers. Eric and I were sitting with Lily yesterday when we showed Lily this photo. I pointed to the Ayi's face and asked, "Lily, who is that?"...Lily matter a factly responded, "Ayi" with a big smile. Eric and I looked at each other so, so surprised. Neither of us had spoke the word "ayi" or even talked about ayi's prior to this. WOW.
Thank you to the ayi's~~thank you so much!
7 comments:
This post brought tears to my eyes. Thnak you so much for sharing this precious story.
Blessings,
Linn
What a great post, Heather! It is so true. Our little Ella has a heart of gold and has so much love to give. I know she learned how to love from her amazing nannies! God Bless these wonderful women!!
Jeannine
Wow! I haven't checked your blog in awhile! Big news! So excited to hear you are adding to your family again! Curious what agency you decided to go with this time around??
I love this picture too! And what you say is SO TURE! They do love all the children! The testimony is in the children who come home and transition so well!!!
I didn't know that Caroline is being adopted too! Exciting!
The Ayi's are a blessing, it was neat to see how loving they were with the children. How precious that Lily remembers them!
Cassandra
that is beautiful - simply beautiful- I am going to go play with Michelle and hug hug hug her. What a blessing to see and be in touch with the Ayis that love Lily - this is where Lily got her tender heart.
oops that was me Liz and Michelle
Post a Comment