We are home and this afternoon Lily was just chillin on the couch. She was such a brave little girl through it all. Usually Lily has quite a bit of anxiety when we are in a medical office environment--even when we take a pet to the Vet. A couple of nights ago I let Lily play with my stethescope...I would listen to her heart, lungs, and abdomen then let her listen to mine. I also have an otoscope that she's become accustomed to so now Lily no longer cries when approached by a stranger with these instruments.
Everything went smoothly--the staff at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta are GREAT, and Dr. Williams is awesome. Lily has such a pleasant personality--all children cry a bit at first when they are coming out from the anesthesia and she was no exception. Lily was easily consoled and comforted by Mommy & Daddy. She never cried or whimpered a sound the whole way home even though we stopped to get her 'scrips filled. Lily is naturally a calm and pleasant child and even in the face of adversity she showed much more patience than I've ever seen in a toddler.
Yesterday we went for a hike along the Chattahoochee River. Here's a slide show with a few favorite pics from the day. After we got home it felt perfect to take a dip in the pool. There are also pics on my flickr site ~ just click the "My Photos" link on the right hand side of the blog.


12 comments:
thanks for posting so soon--Lily has been on my mind and in my prayers all day. Continued prayers for her healing and strength as she goes through all of this.
susan w
A great picture of Lily and Eric walking and holding hands. Looks like things are going well after the surgery. Kim and I are so glad that prayers have been answered.
Im so glad you had a great experience
I am SO glad Lily's surgery went well! Everything looks wonderful!! Praise God!
You've all been in our thoughts and prayers these last few days. So glad everything went well - she is a strong little girl. Love the pictures! Can't wait to get there!!!
Love you all!
I am so glad everything went well. She is one amazing little girl!!! Blessings to you all.
Christine
So happy that surgery went well. What a sweetheart!!
I am so glad that everything went well for Lily. She looks great and is beauty!
It was nice to meet you all at "First Fridays." Lily is absolutely beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing you again,
David, Amy and Emily Grace
i love the pic on your site! I hope lily's healing is going well and that you all are well too!
What a great day together! Such beautiful pictures.
Love the Elmo pjs!
So glad that the surgery went well. I just can't get over how precious she is. Someday we hope to get to know you guys better!
Post a Comment