This Friday afternoon we have our first appointment with the cranio-facial team at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. I'm really not sure how Lily's going to react even though this appointment will mostly just establish her treatment plan. Lily becomes very uncomfortable when we are in an office type environment. Just last week I had to drop off paperwork for Piedmont Hosp. to the Nursing office at KSU for this upcoming semester, and I tried to put Lily down for just a second so I could sign a form....she screamed like you wouldn't believe. I picked her up immediately and told her, "we're here for Mommy, not Lily....for Mommy". Lily sobbed as she gave me a pat and said, "for Mommy". As long as I didn' t put her down she was fine. We're confident that Lily will be in great hands such as Amy's!
Last month we missed our First Friday's gathering because my mom was in town. Hopefully Lily won't be so distraught from the appointment and we'll still be able to come see some of our friends in the adoption community that evening. There are a few families that we've met that are getting ready to travel soon ~ we want to wish them well in person! You can always feel the love and support of friends in this gathering ~ even if you hardly know some of the people attending that month...I've thanked Susan & Dan before many times, but I can't thank them enough.
7 comments:
Wishing Lily a pleasant appointment. I hear (and hope)the doctors are great. Looking forward to visiting with you all on Friday night if you can make it.
You have a very nice
blog. I really enjoyed
reading it. Such
beautiful children!
I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Please pass Dove of Peace on..check out my blog
My blog at http://wwwsendadoveofpeace.blogspot.com/
Lets make a change!
lots of love and hugs to you .
We will be thinking of Lily when she has her surgery. Please go with a feeling of peace; the staff at Scottish Rite do fabulous job of taking care of our children (and Mom's too!).
Our Analiese has had 4 procedures there and we NEVER have a negative thing to say about the experience. They are so aware of how we feel and how our girls need us sometimes more than bio kids!
Please let us know if we can help in any way!
How did it go? I've been eagerly waiting to hear a report!
Post a Comment