Sunday, July 22, 2007

What I loved about today

One of the things I loved about today was reading Lori's post about, "What I loved about today" ~ It is very uplifting and positive. I liked it so much I thought that in Lori's honor I would do a little variation:

I loved that my St. Bernard knows that my husband is out of town and wants to be by my side and sleep on my bed even though it's warm and muggy.

I loved that my son came to talk to me after he got home from work to stick up for his sister and try to get her off being grounded.

I loved that Lily-out of the blue-said to me, "I uv ooo". I kissed her so many, many times and told her I loved her back as I hugged her so tight....she might regret it now ^_^

I loved that although we had some overcast skies the weather was cool for walking with Lily in the stroller and Benjamin on the leash.

I loved that my husband made me a cup of coffee this morning like he always does on the mornings that we wake up together.

I loved that our neighbors stopped and wanted to chat like always when they see us on a walk.

I loved that I could hear the frogs in the creek in back of our house tonight.

I loved that it was cool enough to sleep with the windows open.

I loved that my children like to read ~ both finished the new Harry Potter book in less than 24 hours...and Mark worked a 4 hour shift at one point. Oh...and of course they ate....read, read, ate, read, ate, a bit of work for Mark....ate, and read. :)

9 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

What a great list! It is the little things in life ~ like a spouse making a cup of coffee ~ that we take for granted all to often. Reflection is good food for the soul :D

Unknown said...

thats just wonderful!

Aunt Krista said...

Sounds like you had a great day! The only thing that could make it better would be being at the beach!

Love,
K

3 Peanuts said...

I loved reading your list (and Lori's too)

Kim

mommy24treasures said...

great list!
stumbled across your blog, your daughter is beautiful and I loove your template. Beautiful ocean pic!

Rosie said...

Great idea and I loved it when I saw it on Loris blog aswell.

Angela and Jay said...

Wonderful post!!

Lori said...

Heather, this is SO NICE! I love your list...the dog, big brother, coffee...all of it. Makes my heart happy to read, thanks for sharing it!!

Lori said...

I tagged you for a meme (see my blog)
Look forward to reading your answers!