Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jonny 5....this Mohawk's for you!

Lily has surprised me lately...just as you get used to what toddlers want and will do ...they go and change it :) I'm ok with that ~ it's been interesting to me to see what Lily is all about and what she is thinking. Having two children already has been extremely helpful. I can recognize the difference between the whine that is-- "I just want my way" from the "I just really want/need to be cuddled". This is one of many things you can't just learn from a book, but you learn from experience. There's something to be said for life experience....that's for sure. I've noticed that Mark & Angela paid particular attention to me and how I am with Lily. It's like they are looking through a window into what their pre-school age time with mama must have been like. They'll say "hey ~ I remember that...!". Some of the old familiar songs that I sing come back into mind...the same tricks to get them to eat....

...I can feel daily in my heart why I chose to start all over again. And, it feels GREAT. Lily has the sweetest spirit...it shines ALL of the time--and you'd be amazed too.

2 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Oh Heather, I know exactly where you are coming from :D Lily is so sweet and as she comes out of her little shell, she will explode into the most wonderful and dynamic person that you can imagine! I love the sentiment about Mark and Angela peeking through the window, that is priceless!

Briana's Mom said...

Hi Heather! I just added your blog to my list! It was so great meeting you the other day! Thanks so much for saying hi on my blog - Doug and I are so excited!