Thursday, April 05, 2007


TA!!!!!!!!!!


This morning I met Debbie and her children for coffee in Woodstock at The Serene Bean. Both Eric and HOPE for Children were trying to get ahold of me to say our travel approval was here! I never heard my phone ring! Can you believe it?? The day we've been waiting for a year and I don't hear my cell! I was caught off guard...thought the earliest we'd receive the letter would be next week since it didn't come earlier this week. We are so HAPPY!!! Lily!!! Here we come!!!


This morning before coffee with Deb I tried to take 6 teens (including Mark & Angela) to Six Flags. It's Spring Break week here and they are itching to do something fun. A local radio station was having a promotion where they were letting everyone in for free between 5:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. We were on our way when the radio station announced at 6:30 a.m. that there were already 15,000 people there and they weren't letting anymore in the park. The 2 exits to get off the highway to the park were blocked and there were police around because of all of the traffic....so we turned around and headed home. They were very disappointed to say the least. Now I needed to get them back home and try to make my doctors appointment by 8:30 a.m. I had been fasting since last night to have blood work done (routine stuff). At this point...I'm grumpy myself...with a car full of obnoxious and disappointed teens.


Tonight I have to give a speech on Eisenhower's Farewell Address...I've been working on it for a couple of days. I think that I'm going to have to warn the class that I'm really on cloud 9 right now...hope the speech makes sense at this point...BECAUSE we found out a few hours ago that we're going to China in few weeks to meet our daughter!!! I can't think of anything else!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been reading tons of blogs of people getting LOAs and TAs this week, and just had to check yours!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it the greatest day ever? (until gotcha day, that is!)

I'm so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

HIP Hip Horray! I am so excited for you! Congrat's. I can't wait for LiLi and Lily to play together!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news!! HAPPY EASTER!

The Hindsman's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know you are so excited. Look out China !! Lily, your Mama and Daddy are coming to get you!!!

I heard about the Six Flags mess. It's probably good they weren't there. Can you imagine the lines?

Unknown said...

Yeah for the travel approval. That rocks!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the TA! Can't wait to see you travel to China!