Wednesday, January 10, 2007

To Lily, Love Daddy

To my little Princess,

I know I haven’t written on this blog thing. Things are changing...I have a car seat for my truck now. The time is coming when we will first lay eyes on each other. I came home from work today and your Momma was really upset. She was told today that we may have to wait a little longer until we can travel to come pick you up. I am so sorry for that sweetheart. I am your Daddy, and I am supposed to protect you....I am supposed to keep you warm...I am the one who is supposed to dry your tears. Waiting is about to kill me because it makes my heart ache so bad. I promise you that we are going to make up for lost time. We have to go to the zoo, the aquarium, Disney World, and the beach. It is not fair to you that you have to stay in the orphanage longer than you have to. I would leave tonight to come get you and hold you in my arms. I know your nannies will continue to take good care of you, but not like your Momma and I will. I want you to be a good little girl, and we will be holding you NOT soon enough. I love you more than I love the New York Yankees.

Your Daddy.

3 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Eric, that was simply beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes!
Heather, hang in there, it is so hard, but it will happen. Call if you need to vent!
((BIG HUGS))
Debbie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. This letter will be a gift to your daughter. I am saying a prayer now that you'll get to travel soon. Hang in there.

~Rebecca

The Hindsman's said...

Ok, I am crying! That is so precious!!!! Keep up the writing Daddy. She will treasure that and always know how much she was wanted. I can't wait to see the picture of Lily in your arms.