
Today will go down in our family history as the day that Mark, our 16 1/2 year old son, got his first job! WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOO!!! We've been working on this for quite some time! As you can imagine--teens about this age are very expensive...they are constantly wanting money to do all kinds of things with their friends. And, it's not like you can buy them something from the toy isle for 10 or 20 bucks and make them all excited. No....Hollister & Abercrombie can actually send you to the poor house if you let it.
Ok, well...if you know Mark then you know he could care less about clothes. Angela on the other hand....well, that's another story. Mark loves electronics--computers to be specific. And, that's right--they're not cheap. Mark's eyes light up at the mention of various computer components that only he can intelligently discuss in our household. Sometimes in family dinner conversation Mark will start talking about "coding"--among other things--and we will look at him as if he has three heads. Then I'll say, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, dude...TMI. We're completely lost...how about layman's terms??? It's not that we're not interested...just more I.T. challenged." Could you imagine if I started explaining the pathophysiology behind Irritable Bowel Syndrome to him? I think I'd get the same look.
Congratulations to Mark! One more step toward self-sufficient adulthood and independence. It's paycheck time....oh yea-wait until he sees how much goes to taxes. Should we explain that one now or let it be a surprise? :)
2 comments:
Oh no --- Let it be a suprise. Taxes should always be a surprise!
Don't you just love surprises!
Debbie
Yeah for Mark..Thanks for posting on my site..You were an encouragement
Post a Comment