

We found out this morning from HOPE for Children that we are approved to adopt Lily!!! We've been tossing around middle names, but haven't decided on one as of yet. Lily's Chinese name is Han Xue. Xue is her first name, and it means snow. She is in the Siping City Social Welfare Institute in Jilin Province, China! We are just on cloud 9!!!!! Eric and I have been going nuts waiting for the word...it was well worth the wait. We are so thankful! Lily has a Cleft Lip that we think may not be repaired as of yet...we're requesting more current information and hope to find out soon. Regardless, we have a plan of care ready to go through our pediatrician and the craniofacial team of specialists at Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta. Her birthday is July 16, 2005--she is currently 15 months old. We should be traveling to China to get Lily in the next 3 or 4 months! Geeeesshhhh...we've got LOTS to do! I've bought maybe 3 onesies and a hat so far!!!
5 comments:
Oh, My eyes are filled with tears!!! Congratuations!!! I am so excited for you!!!!! She is precious! I know you are going crazy with excitement!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! What great news! I have really been praying for you guys! Can't wait to talk to you :-)
Debbie
Congratulations!!!!!!
She is gorgeous. Greg and I could not be happier for you all. This is truly and exciting adventure, even for those watching from clear across the country! Love to you all.
Kel
I am not sure if you guys have finished surgery or not but I would love to talk to you. I am one of the nurses at Scottish Rite and I work on the floor that does the cleft lip and palate surgeries. I am also working on adopting from China. What a wonderful journal entry..
Post a Comment